<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 10

Here are some photos from a hike I recently went on with some coworkers at the ANA's Kabul Military Training Center. The base of the mountain is well over a mile high. One of the guys had an altimeter in his watch and figured it was about a 700 meter climb. It took us a little over two hours from start to finish. It was great exercise. You have to be off the mountain before 9 a.m. when some of the firing ranges open up. The mountain forms a back stop to several of the ranges.

This is the group halting for a photo about half way up.


I am the second guy traversing this ridgeline that leads to the actual peek of the mountain.


Sgt. C and I enjoying the view from the top.


Macho me :-)


Again.


Another view from the top


Cool clouds in the mountains along the way.


Cherry blossoms are in bloom. You can see my room that I share with three others on the second floor behind the sand bags.


At my desk.


At the barber shop. This is a one-barber shop in the same building where I live that is run by an Afghan man. He's a great guy and very interesting to talk to-- just as a barber should be :-)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?